Many people asked me for an easy bento recipe, so this is the one!
When Lady Gaga came Japan in July, she was in green, so I came up with this idea. LoL
In this tutorial, I will use ohitashi which is a common dish cooked in Japan. It is a boiled leaf vegetable (usually spinach) eaten with soy sauce. In my video, I used Kamada Dashi Shoyu (dashi flavored soy sauce) for the seasoning which you can create an authentic Japanese dishes easily!. Try out if you get a chance!
Lady Gaga Bento
Number of servings: 1 bento box
Face: salmon flakes
Hair: komatsuna (mustard spinach)
Lines: Fujikko ni (boiled kelp)
Eyes: nori seaweed and mayonnaise
Hearts and Mouth: ham
Earrings: quail egg
Beauty mark: nori seaweed
100g (3.5oz.) fresh komatsuna (mustard spinach) or spinach
1 tbsp. Kamada Dashi Shoyu (a bit strongly flavored for bento)
*2 tsp. is enough if you are using regular soy sauce
1 tbsp. ground white sesame seeds
1. Boil water in a large pot. Add a pinch of salt in the water (salt removes oxalic acid – bitter taste, and makes the spinach nice and green).
2. Wash komatsuna and add in the boiling water from the stem side.
3. Boil spinach for about one minute. Drain and soak the spinach in water to cool. Drain and squeeze the spinach to remove the excess water.
4. Cut spinach into about 1.5 inch lengths.
5. Toss the spinach with Kamada dash soysauce and ground sesame seeds.
Have fun XD
Glee Club Hit Makers
Born This Way (Originally Performed By Glee Cast)
♥Facebook Fan Page♥ Please “Like” me 😉
♥Visit my Blog for more Recipes♥
♥My Recipe Posts♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tweets by ochikeron